Land Revenue & Estate
Colonization of Government Lands
Subject to law and policy of the Government / Board of Revenue.
- Lease if state land and nazul land.
- Determining eligibility of Lessees and other grants for grant of Proprietary rights under specific terms and conditions and passing orders accordingly.
- Execution of deeds of conveyance regarding state land on behalf of the Provincial Government.
- Operation of Killa Gift Fund.
- Determination of right of return of land under the Thal Development Act, 1949 and Passing of orders accordingly.
- Allotment of state land under Rural Housing Schemes.
- Maintenance of all record of all state land.
- Maintenance of accounts in prescribed ledger of receipts on account of lease / sale of state land.
Subject to law and policy of the Government / Punjab Land Commission.
- Determination of holdings of persons affected by ceiling fixed under Land Reforms and resumption of excess land in favour of Provincial Government.
- Payment of compensation for resumed land.
- Allotment of resumed land to tenants and other eligible person.
- Maintenance of accounts in prescribed format.
- Record of resumed land and allotment thereof.
Consolidation of Land Holdings
Subject to law and policy of Government.
- Consolidation of Land Holdings.
- Matters relating to appeals etc. against the orders of Consolidation Officer.
Subject to law and policy of Government.
- Taking preventive and protective measures against floods and rains.
- Recommendations seeking an area to be declared as calamity hit.
- Distribution of relief funds and goods to the calamity affectees and maintenance of accounts regarding such distribution.
- Matters concerning rehabilitation of Behari repatriates from Bangladesh.
- Maintenance and operation of PLA under head 481 Relief Measures.
- After an area is declared calamity affected exercise of delegated powers under section 4 of the Punjab Natural Calamities.
Subject to law, policy and guide-lines of Government / Board of Revenue.
- Assessment and collection of land taxes, cesses and agricultural income Tax.
- Land surveys and record of rights including restrictions on transfer of title.
- Alienation of revenue.
- Punjab Abolition of Jagirs Act, 1952.
- Endowment of land for religious purposes.
- Pre-emption law.
- Punjab Alienation of Land Act, 1900.
- Matters relating to Shalimat Deh.
Revenue field staff and district establishment ministerial matter connected with terms & conditions of their service, training, pay & conditions leave, postings and transfer under rules, delegation of powers rules / service rules etc. except those entrusted to Services & General Administration Department.
- Taccavi for land improvement and other agricultural loans.
- Money Lenders Ordinance and Usurious Loans Ordinance 1959.
- West Pakistan Relief of Indebtedness.
Land acquisition Act 1894 and rules made there under;
- Demarcation and rectangulation of land
- Leases of ferries and bridges
- Stamp Act 1899
- Registration Act 1908
- Deliveries of copies of documents under rules
- Act and Rules in respect of Court of Wards Encumbered and attached estates
- Government Estates
- Settlement and re-assessment
- Tenancy laws and relations between landlords and tenants
- Suspension and remission of land revenue and water rates
- Crop reports
- Muslim Personal Law (Shariat Application) Act, 1962
- All matters relating to Katechery Compounds in the District under the Katchery Compound Rules, 1937
- Transfer of Property Act 1882
- Stamps and Court Fees, Judicial & Non-Judicial under Court Fees Act, 1870
- Matters relating to District/Tehsil office buildings, etc, except actual construction, maintenance and repairs
- Malba cess fund
- Cattle census
- Punjab Redemption and Restitution of Mortgaged Land Act, 1964
- Evac uee Property and Displaced Persons Laws (Repeal) Act, 1975
- Purchase of stores and capital goods for the district
- Budget and Accounts
- Original, Appellate and Revisional jurisdiction
512-Land Management (Land Records and Colonization)
023-Tax Management (4-Stamps)
023-Tax Management (Registration)
529-Hill Torrent Establishment
10-Sub-Copying Agency Establishment
10-Copying Agency Establishment
575-Stationery & Printing
Demarcation of Indo-Pakistan Boundary
0113-Agricultural Income Tax
0123-Tax on Transfer of Property (Registration)
1231-Sale proceeds of unclaimed and escheated property court fees realized in cash.
1262-Embankment and Drainage Works-Direct Receipt-Hill Torrent/Sale of Water
(A) 1264-Stationery-sale of plain paper used with stamps
(B) 1264-Sale proceeds of cheque books supplied from stamp stores
1300-Miscellaneous Receipts-Examination Fee for Examination of Naib Tehsildars, Kanungos, and Patwaris
1390-Other Sale of Land & Houses etc
1390-Copying Agency Accounts
1320-Extra Ordinary Receipts
Excise & Taxation
Assessment and Collection of Taxes/Duties and Fees devolved to District Government.
- Entertainment duty
- Property Tax
- Real Estate Agents/Motor Vehicles Dealers
- Any other local taxes assigned by District Government
- Operation of Killa Gift Fund
- Determination of right of return of land under the Thal Development Act, 1949 and Passing of orders accordingly
- Allotment of state land under Rural Housing Schemes
- Maintenance of all record of all state land
- Maintenance of accounts in prescribed ledger of receipts on account of lease / sale of state land
- Collection of Federal and Provincial Taxes as directed by the Government